Monday, June 22, 2009

I remembered a couple more stories that I wanted to share:

A couple of weeks ago, I was trying to get the DVR to play some on-demand kid shows for Emma. We were having some issues with the system and I said, "Looks like we aren't going to be able to watch any shows today. It's not bringing them up." Emma looks up at me and says, "Mom, is that a bummer AND a shame?"

Before school was out, Casey shared this story with me: he was driving Emma home from school one day and they were talking about their favorite colors. Its well-known around out household that my favorite color is green and Casey's is blue. So, the two of them are talking about what she did at school that day and Emma said that she played the "Donut Game" with her friends. The Donut Game is a little song that goes like this: Down by the corner, at the bakery shop, along came Emma, all alone, and she's gonna take the (insert color here) home. So, the little kids pick laminated cards that have colors on them, and that's how they determine what "donut" they pick. So, Emma says to Casey, "Guess which one I picked?" and Casey replies, "I don't know, Emma. Which one?" Emma says, "Say 'bl, bl." Too funny!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.