Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Luke Stories

Lately, Luke has been especially fiesty. Not sure if its just a phase, but its certainly a change from his even-tempered demeanor that he has had since a baby. Here are a few stories that have had me laughing lately:

Normally, Luke is a sleeper. During the winter, I would wake up around 6:30, ensuring enough time to get my shower and get ready while he was still asleep. And most mornings, I would actually end up waking him around 8 so that I could take him to Jen's. It was a great morning routine. My, how times have changed! This morning, I woke up at 6:40 to the sound of Luke yelling, "Maaa-ma" from his crib. So I jumped out of bed and got in the shower quickly. As soon as I got out of the shower, I heard him in his room making noise. Then I heard him yell "Guck! Guck" which means "stuck." So I walk in his room and he has his foot stuck in his crib. He was just sitting there, staring at his foot and yelling for me. Too cute!

Yesterday morning, I intercepted a full box of tissues that he had stolen from the counter when I wasn't looking. He was hiding behind Casey's chair "blowing his nose." He had gone through about 5 tissues by the time I had figured out what was going on. I take the box of tissues and put them back on the counter and ask Luke to put the tissues in the trash can. Listening like the good boy he is, he walks over to the trashcan, opens the lid and deposits the used tissues. Then he stands there for a moment, looks at me, and pretends to spit in the trashcan. So I stop him and tell him "no-ne-no, Lukey" and he continues to spit again. I can only assume that he's watched Casey do that recently since he's had such a horrible spring allergy season!

When I picked up Luke from Jen's on Monday, she says all serious, "um, I think I taught Lukey a bad habit - not on purpose though." The kids were playing Duck Duck Goose and Jen taught the little ones to play, too. Apparently, Luke didn't get the memo saying that you could only tap on the head during the game and spent the rest of the afternoon smacking his playmates on the head, all the while yelling, "GUCK!" (also used when saying "duck"). He also didn't understand the different between a tap on the head and a full-out smack.

Luke has officially mastered the word "no" and its so adorable that when he says it, I have to turn my head so that he doesn't see me snicker. And the funniest is when he tells Emma "no" for absolutely no reason at all.

And my favorite story of all... last Sunday, I bought donuts for breakfast. We had a few leftover so we kept them for breakfast the next day. On Monday morning, Lukey woke up on the wrong side of the crib and was in a horrible mood. I'm trying to figure out what he wanted for breakfast and he was screaming at the top of his lungs for no reason. So, I offer him a donut and he absolutely goes nuts. I put it in the microwave to heat up for a few seconds and he loses it - he thinks that I got rid of it. He starts throwing a huge fit on the floor. In the meantime, Emma asks me if she can have some donut, too. I tell her to take the one that I heated up for Luke (since I was trying to pick him up off the floor, mid-fit) and that I would heat up the other half for him. Emma starts walking towards the donut on the counter and Luke realizes what is about to happen. He takes off running towards her and attempts to wedge himself between the cabinet and Emma so that she can't take his donut. He also has his arm out and tries to stiff-arm her multiple times. Since Emma is almost a half-body length taller than him, she lightly pushes him out of the way and starts chomping on her donut. It was HILARIOUS! He falls to the floor in a puddle of defeat. It was just so cute that Luke thought he would be able to manhandle her. I'm sure this will change in years to come!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.