A few nights ago, Luke and I were in bed watching t.v. when he saw a baby in a diaper commerical. He excitedly points to the t.v. and shouts "A baby! A baby!" I commented that the baby was cute and then said, "Luke, you realize that mommy has a baby in her tummy, right?" He said, "I have a baby in my tummy." "Really?" I say. "Does Emma have a baby in her tummy?" He responds giggling, 'NO!" "Does Daddy have a baby in his tummy?" Again, he responds, "NO!" So, I ask, "how are you feeling with that baby in your tummy?" He looks over, shrugs his shoulders and says, "I don't know!"
Last week, Casey told me that Emma has had a few conversations with her after-school teachers regarding "inappropriate behavior." Immediately, I am concerned about her behavior and whether she's treating her friends nicely, etc. Casey starts laughing and tells me that Emma is "breastfeeding" her dolls at after-school so the teachers had to ask her to stop! I haven't had a lot of conversations with her lately about that, but I do remember her asking how the baby eats after it's born. That must question must have a caused a chain-reaction!
And finally, Emma has been bummed out that she can't marry Lukey... Casey tells me that on the way to school, Emma has been talking about marrying Luke so he had to break the news to her that she wasn't allowed. Of course, she wants to know why. He tells her that its just not the thing to do, that she'll find someone else to marry, and also that its illegal (which, as you can imagine, sparked a whole other conversation on who is allowed to marry who)! Then she wants to know if she can marry her friends because she just doesn't like boys. Casey closed the conversation by telling Emma that maybe she should be talking about marriage after she graduates from college... well after she graduates from college!
Sunday, March 6, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.