Tuesday, August 7, 2012

Summer So Far!

Wow, its certainly been a while since my last post.  Hopefully, things have calmed down at the Schnieber house so I can post a little more frequently.  I finished up with grad school at UC last week (I walked through graduation in June but had a new more things to finish up on during the short summer quarter).  As of today, August 7, I am officially have a master's degree!  Woo Hoo!  Additionally, I'm celebrating my 8th anniversary with Casey.  It's a great day. 

I've been making notes along the last few months about funny kids stories.  Here's what you've missed out on the last few months...

I was in my office and Luke and Emma were playing on the floor.  I'm not sure what prompted the conversation but they were talking about someone at school who brought in a race car to show.  They were debating what was actually written on the car and Luke shouts out "it was an upside down 'L!"  We finally figured out that he was talking about the number "7" that was written on the side of the car.  Then, as I tell Casey the story later, the tells me that the person who brought the car in was Jimmy Gardner.  Luke had been trying to convince Casey that the guy's name was "Mr. Kindergartner."

A few other Luke stories:
  • Em and Luke were playing with babies and they were putting them to bed.  Of course, we knew the name of Emma's baby, Susie, so I asked Luke the name of his baby.  His baby's name was "Milk Baby." 
  • Luke wanted a drink of water but I was finishing up on something on my computer.  After standing there next to me for about 1 full minute, he looks over and says, "but mommy, I'm waiting so patient."
  • While we were in Florida, Will, Megan, Anna, Luke and Emma attended church camp.  They loved going there each afternoon and had a great time with their crafts and singing songs.  Once of the songs is called "24/7."  The words are "God is watching, watching over you.  24/7 waiting over you.  He's got great big plans, whoa, whoa."  Luke was walking around the house singing "he's got great big hands, whoa, whoa."
Mia is also getting big.  I can hardly believe that she'll be one year old next month!  Crazy how time flies!  She's crawling all over the place and is very vocal (read:  mouthy).  I can already tell we're going to have our hands full with her.  She's very spirited!  In June, we couldn't help but laugh at her when she cried (which was often) because her cries sounded like "rrrrr"  as in when someone would yell "Arrrrrrriibaaaa!"  It was hilarious! 

Emma is also doing well.  Not too many stories on her this round!  I can hardly believe that she's starting 1st grade in a few weeks.  Unbelievable!

Summer is coming to a close and I'm anxious to get back into a routine.  I'm sure about 2 weeks of the "routine," I'll be sick of it!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.