Last week, Emma lost her 3rd tooth. This was kind of a big deal because it was the top middle one so now its definitely obvious that she's growing up. She brings it home from school, in this cute little tooth-shaped tooth holder and is excitedly sharing it with Lukey. During dinner, I overheard her telling him that the Tooth Fairy would most likely be bringing her a present that night, since she lost her tooth and all. I interrupted her and let her know that normally the TF only brings money for lost teeth and that most likely, she would not be getting a present. She looks at me and says, "My friends get presents for their teeth. Is it because of what part of town we live in? Maybe she doesn't deliver presents here?" I assured her that it wasn't because of our part of town (great - apparently we live on the wrong side of the tracks).
So, that night, I'm all proud of myself because not only did I remember to give her money, but I successfully tip-toed in and out of her room without her waking up. Granted, I've actually walked into her room, turned on the lights and put away clothes while she was sleeping, but still... it was something to be proud of.
The next morning, she walks into the bathroom where I'm getting ready, holds up the two quarters in her hand and says "Uh, Mommy, did YOU put this under my pillow." Immediately, I start stuttering and avoiding eye contact with her. Looking down, I say, "why do you ask, Emma?" "WELL," she says, "last night, the Tooth Fairy comes and puts money under the wrong pillow. And then, she doesn't even take my tooth. So, did you put this under my pillow?" I did the only thing that I could think of in that moment - I told her to ask Casey. So, she takes off downstairs to ask him.
A few minutes later, Casey comes walking upstairs with this dumbfounded look on his face and says, "Are you SERIOUS? You forgot to take the (insert profanity here) tooth?" I guess Emma went downstairs and starting accusing Casey of putting the money under her pillow.
Needless to say, she's a little leery of anything that Casey and I have been telling her lately. Good thing that Christmas is coming up. I'm sure we won't have to tell her any more lies during that holiday season....
Monday, August 27, 2012
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.