Emma should be in advertising when she grows up because she is so creative! Lately, she's been coming up with new ways to delay bedtime. In the past, she usually would just throw a fit, but lately, she's been trying to talk her way out of it. Her past tricks included" (1) telling us that she wasn't tired (2) telling us that her tummy hurts (3) running to the bathroom to "throw up" (my personal favorite). The other night, I was tucking her in and she started whining that she wasn't ready for bed. Then, she started her new trick... she says, "But I don't get to sleep with anybody." I know what you're thinking - ahh, that's so cute! I thought the same thing at first. She goes on to say, "But YOU get to sleep with people. YOU always have somebody in your bed. YOU sleep with company and I don't!" Company? Company?? She makes me sound like a lady of the night! I explained that the only company that I sleep with is Daddy. Furthermore, I explain, Daddy has been snoring lately and we haven't been sleeping together. I can't wait to hear what she comes up with next.
Casey shared another funny story with me today... last night, on the way home from school, Emma was whining about more Scooby snacks. Casey wasn't feeling well and was sick of the whining, so he pulls the car over on the side of the road and jumps in the back seat. He says to me, "so, yeah, I'm sure I let some expletives fly, but she got the point to stop whining." He goes on to say that they didn't really talk the rest of the ride home. I get home around 6:30 and Casey immediately goes to bed since he's sick. So this morning, Casey asks Emma to find her shoes and she says she doesn't know where they are. Case says "that's why I said go look for them. We need to go!" Emma replies, "Okay, Daddy, I'll go look for my shoes.... dammit." He said it was hilarious! He then had to explain to Emma that sometimes Moms and Dads say bad words that they shouldn't but that doesn't mean that little girls are allowed to say that. Just a reminder that she's always listening!
Luke had a rough beginning of the week. Poor thing woke up at midnight on Monday and started throwing up. He ran a fever for all of early Tuesday morning and through early Wednesday morning. Since the little stubborn man refuses to take medicine, I wasn't really able to control his fever. He just had to suffer. Which is strange because Emma LOVED her medicine. In fact, most of the time, she was trying to figure out ways to get Tylenol.
Thursday, May 7, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.